The registration fee covers access to all plenary and parallel sessions, the lunches and coffee breaks specified in the conference program, conference materials and the welcome reception.
Update 20 May 2020: Nordic Physics Days 2020 is postponed until the next year, the new dates are 4-6 August 2021.
|Paying categories||Early bird rate (14 February - 4 June 2020)||Standard rate (from 5 June 2020)|
|Delegates (including conference dinner)||1300 SEK (excl. VAT)||1700 SEK (excl. VAT)|
|Delegates (excluding conference dinner)||1000 SEK (excl. VAT)||1400 SEK (excl. VAT)|
|Students (including conference dinner)||1000 SEK (excl. VAT)||1400 SEK (excl. VAT)|
|Students (excluding conference dinner)||800 SEK (excl. VAT)||1200 SEK (excl. VAT)|
The registration fee must be paid in advance of the conference.
The option to pay by bank transfer/invoice is only possible up to 4 weeks before the conference, later payments have to be done via credit card.
If the payment is not successful or an invalid discount has been applied, the registration will not be valid until full payment/certificate has been received.
- Swedish participants can choose to pay either by credit card or by invoice.
Participants from outside Sweden
- All payments must be made in SEK (Swedish krona)
- Payment should be made by credit card or by bank transfer (invoice).
- When choosing ‘International bank transfer’ in the registration form, you will receive an invoice including bank transfer information (bank account number, IBAN, etc).
A confirmation letter with the invoice will be sent by e-mail.
- Please note that we accept the following credit cards: VISA and Master Card.
- The participant/payee is responsible for any bank charges/fees associated with the payment.
Information about payment with credit card
For your safety, our payment system is connected to the 3D Secure system for ensuring the security of payments made through the internet. Your card needs to be connected to Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode. Your bank can inform you if your card is connected, and if not already, how it can be connected.
If you receive an error message when paying with your card, please check with your bank to see if they have a block on overseas payments, a block on internet payments, and/or a limit on the amount that can be charged in one day. These are common reasons why a payment initially does not go through.
Please note that 25% VAT is automatically added to your registration fee if you pay by credit card. If your organisation qualifies you to not pay VAT, please choose Invoice Sweden and list your VAT number (see VAT regulations below).
According to Swedish legislation 25% VAT will be added to the registration fee. However, you do not have to pay VAT if you work in a public sector organization within Sweden (e.g., university, governmental agency). In this case you must choose Invoice (Swedish billing address only) as the payment mode and provide your VAT number.
- Public sector organizations within Sweden (e.g., universities, governmental agencies): No VAT
- All other organisations/companies and private persons: 25% VAT is automatically added to your registration fee
Participants from outside Sweden
- Organisations and companies outside Sweden: 25% VAT is automatically added to your registration fee
All private persons: VAT 25 %
Depending on the location of your organisation/company, VAT may be reclaimed from your home country upon your return from the conference. Please contact your local tax authority or other responsible agency for more information on how to reclaim the VAT you paid.
* According to the EU legislation and regulation for conferences and events (C-647/17, EU:C:2019:195, of 13 March 2019 and Article 53 of Council Directive 2006/112/EC of 28 November 2016) VAT is paid in the country where services are rendered, e.g. the country in which the conference takes place.
Cancellations and Refunds
Notification of cancellation must be made in writing and sent to the conference secretariat.
Cancellation of registration will be accepted until 6 July 2020, up to which date the total amount will be refunded except for a cancellation fee of SEK 750 (+VAT). We regret that no refunds or reductions of fees will be accepted for cancellations made after 6 July 2020, nor for no-shows for any reasons.
Change of Name
Should you be unable to attend, you will be given the opportunity to send a colleague in your place. Please contact the conference secretariat by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
750 07 Uppsala, Sweden
Phone: + 46 (0) 18 67 10 03
December 2019: Abstract submission opens
14 February 2020: Registration opens
11 May 2020: Extended deadline for abstract submission
4 June 2020: Deadline for Early bird registration